Thursday, April 21, 2011

H is for Happy Holidays

I have always loved holidays.  Thanksgiving is my favorite.  However, I love them all.  I love the food, decorating, friends, family and time off.  Here are some graphics to share the holidays with you.

Hoppy Easter.  Spring, flowers blooming, birds chirping, spring colors, outdoors, and daylight savings time.  Growing up in South Florida, we did not have seasons.  We had a few weeks of really cold weather and the rest of the year was Summertime.  Living in Colorado, we enjoy the change of seasons.  We  love snow but we enjoy the Spring.
Happy Valentine's Day


July 4th - Independence Day. 
Thank you to the veterans (including my daughter).
The land of the free and home of the brave.
Halloween.  We start decorating mid-October and my kids like to add all the scary decorations, spiders on the roof, ghosts in the trees, put on scary music, and even dress up the dogs. We usually dress up at work and then we stay in costume and greet the trick or treaters in costume.  After Halloween, we merge the decorations into fall and Thanksgiving.  Multi-purpose (recycle-reuse...)  We love the fall in Colorado.  The leaves change color and the weather cools down.  And, of course, did I say, FOOTBALL.

Thanksgiving.  My favorite holiday.  Even when I was young and there were only four of us in the family, my mother made a huge feast.  We had a 20 pound turkey, homemade stuffing, lots of fresh veggies, breads, desserts.  My husband and I always have a great feast and invite lots of our friends to share dinner (and football) with us. We then cook another turkey on Friday and start putting up our Christmas tree and decorations.  (Did I say watch football).


Christmas.  When I was growing up, my mother always made lots of food for Christmas.  We made dozens of different kinds of cookies, candies, breads, and other goodies.  We set up extra tables to place everything on.  During the Christmas and New Years holidays, friends and family would come to visit and eat lots!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment